The Be-You-Tiful Positive Body Image Workshop
Embodied State of Mind’s 5-week “Be-You-Tiful Positive Body Image Workshop” is ideal for anyone seeking to gain the skills and knowledge to revolutionize the way they feel about their body and enjoy interacting with like-minded others. Accepting body image dissatisfaction, as a normal part of life is not a solution. It is affecting your quality of life and preventing you from reaching your full potential. A positive body image is attainable!
Body image is about physical appearance but it is also about the way we feel about our body in a more general sense. It’s about the way we relate to ourselves and it is vital to the way we experience our lives.
In a society where so much emphasis is placed on physical appearance, there is something fundamentally wrong and harmful about the way most people view their body. Too many accept body image dissatisfaction as a normal part of their life.
Surveys indicate that 87% of women and 45% of men are dissatisfied with their body. People who are dissatisfied with their body can experience a great deal of distress, which affects their day-to-day life in many ways.
Low self-esteem, depression, disordered eating behavior, social anxiety, and difficulties with intimate relationships are just a few of the potential effects negative body image can have.
Take part in our Be-You-Tiful program and challenge fundamentally wrong and harmful perspectives about body image! Our scientific, evidence based approach, can guide you towards attaining a positive body image.
We know a positive body image is attainable and incredibly rewarding. By feeling good about your body, you will feel good about yourself and lead a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life.
About the Be-You-Tiful Positive Body Image Workshop
The Be-You-Tiful 5-Step Program is based on the Integrative Model of Body Image Development (IMBID) formulated by Dr. Baker. The development of this model involved over 800 individuals who shared their thoughts and feelings on body image and has since helped many others attain a positive body image. This workshop is limited to 4 participants. It includes a mix of lecture, conversation and group activity. It is facilitated by Dr. Baker over 5 consecutive weeks, on Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm. The weekly schedule is as follows:
- Week 1 focuses on changing your mindset. Here, you will learn how to change your mindset and restore your ability to feel good about your body and yourself.
- Week 2 focuses on origins of beliefs. Here, you will discover the origins of your beliefs and identify the reasons that have led you to feel the way you do about your body today.
- Week 3 focuses on body reality versus body ideal. Here you will be challenged to think about the issues that matter most to you in relation to your body, and establish a list of priorities for change.
- Week 4 focuses on body image management strategies. Here, you will learn practical strategies to restore harmony between your body ideal and body reality.
- Week 5 focuses on facing the world. Here, you will learn how to overcome self-monitoring and social feedback and use it to your advantage.
Also included in this workshop:
- The body revolution workbook
- Ongoing support via email in between workshops
- The visit of a specialist consultant (nutritionist or personal trainer) in Week 4
- A follow up, one-on-one consultation with Dr. Baker
The cost of this workshop is $349 (+ applicable taxes). To get the most out of this workshop, participants will be given individual activities to complete in their own time. The follow up consultation with Dr. Baker must be used within 3 months of the workshop ending.
If you are interested in our program but uncomfortable with a group setting, our Positive Body Image consultation Package may be more suitable for you.